Monday, November 18, 2013

Our Class Collection & Portia Munson

I think the collection that our class collected and the sculptures/ collections that Portia Munson made showed a lot of everyday objects. One thing that I noticed that was a very popular thing in especially in Portia Munson's work was plastic. This tells us that we have a advanced technology to turn literally everything that we could need into a plastic mold or object that can soon become worthless. I saw this in Portia Munson's "Pink Project", "Lawn", and "Reflecting Pool" instillations along with some others that are similar. Both our "Blue Project" and all Portia Munson's instillations show our simple interests which are everyday objects like cleaning supplies, grooming objects, toys and other random things that aren't worth much but have a good part in the displays. Our group collection reflects some of my small interests like make up, perfume, chewing gum and some other things I use often without thinking twice about it. Below I have a picture of Portia Munson's "Lawn" and our classes current blue collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment